[c-nsp] QoS on 7609

Kim Onnel karim.adel at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 13:41:06 EST 2005

Hello everyone,

We have Juniper ERX as BRAS for ADSL, its GigE interface is on an old Cisco
3508 switch with an old IOS, its gateway to the internet is a 7609, our
transit internet links terminate on GigaE, Flexwan on the 7600

The links are now almost always fully utilized, we want to do some QoS to
cap our ADSL downstream, to give room for the Corp. customers traffic to
flow without pain.

I'm here to collect ideas, comments, advises and experiences for such
situations.

Our humble approach was to collect some p2p ports and police traffic to
these ports, but the traffic wasnt much, one other thing is policing per
ADSL customers IPs, but that wasnt supported by management, so we thought of
matching ADSL www traffic and doing exceed action is transmit, and police
other IP traffic.

Doing so on the ERX wasnt a nice experience, so we're trying to do it on the
cisco.

Thanks