[c-nsp] Questions about LCVs on a 3845 router w/VWIC-2MFT-T1-DIs

Mark Rogaski wendigo at pobox.com
Mon Nov 28 22:23:38 EST 2005

An entity claiming to be Netfortius (netfortius at gmail.com) wrote:
: Symptom:
:
: Any Modular Access Routers with a VWIC-2MFT-T1 or VWIC-1MFT-T1 has
: problem with Line Code Violations (LCV) and Path Code Violations (PCV)
: even when the circuit has been tested clean.
:
[snip]
:
: - has anybody experienced something similar to what I am describing, and
: successfully resolved the issue as suggested above?

There's a similar problem with firmware for FRSM-4E1 used by the MGX 82xx
platform.  In the absence of a fix, we relied on the fact that LCV's are
typically going to cause PCV's and limited our alarming to path errors at
L1 along with resultant L2 frame errors.  However, I don't know if I'd be
as comfortable with false PCV's.

Mark

--
[]                        |      Use what talents you possess: the woods
[] Mark Rogaski           |      would be very silent if no birds sang