[c-nsp] GBIC error message, any clue? (cpd_port_enable: port 25 xcvr_enable_link: FALSE)

Atanas Yankov xds at LanGame.Net
Wed Nov 30 11:38:24 EST 2005

You have problem with this port becouse of link-flaps
your port are flapping between up and down states
by default catalyst have enabled to detect errors on all ports
and detect variouse type of problems bpduguard , dtp-flaps , link-flaps
, pagp-flaps, rootguard,
and udld . in you case you should check configuration in both end of the
link it's like trunk configuration issue or both end can't negotiates
for duplex or speed of course there can a other
reason for link flaps faulty line or interface hardware.

you can  disable all this checks with this  command
catalyst(conf)no errdisable detect cause all

br,
CCNP Atanas Yankov
Network Administrator
AngelSoft Ltd.