[c-nsp] Graphing traffic for specific BGP peer on exchange points

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Sat Oct 1 07:14:46 EDT 2005

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 01, 2005 at 12:44:44PM +0200, Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) wrote:
> MAC accounting (as suggested by others) would be my choice..

We've been doing that, on 7200s, and have been quite happy with it.

Now we're using a 7603/SUP720 as peering point router ("hardware
forwarding, hardware IPv6, HW control plane rate limiting, etc.")
and it doesn't *have* MAC accounting :-(

Do you know whether that's a hardware limitation, or just "not
implemented yet"?  In the latter case, I could open a TAC case to
make "customer demand" visible, but if the hardware just can't do it,
we'll need to go for some workaround on netflow/peer-as basis (which
really isn't the same thing, as we have neighbour ASes with multiple
routers on the same exchange).

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de