[c-nsp] Graphing traffic for specific BGP peer on exchange points

Primoz Jeroncic jp at softnet.si
Mon Oct 3 05:38:10 EDT 2005

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005, Simon Lockhart wrote:

> On Fri Sep 30, 2005 at 08:51:00PM +0200, Primoz Jeroncic wrote:
> > I'm wondering if there's chance to have traffic graphs for each (or
> > specific) peer (BGP peer) on exchange points. Problem is that on exchange
> > points you have only one ethernet interface connected to switch where you
> > have bunch of peering partners. Now I would like to graph all exchanged
> > traffic (incoming and outgoing) with peer #1, peer #2, etc.  Is there any
> > chance to do this in MRTG or do I need some other tool for that?
>
> You can do this using either MAC accounting (which I've done myself before,
> with mrtg), or using netflow (which I've seen done, and needs other tools
> if you want to interface it into mrtg).

Thanks for this info. I was trying to find some time to do this for
a while but never managed to do it. Not to mention I didn't even
think on MAC accounting. After you guys mentioned mac accounting I
found short perl script on Google which makes MRTG config files
and everything is working nice :)
Thanks again for all your help.

Have nice rest of day.
Primoz Jeroncic
Support - IP Connectivity & Routing
Softnet d.o.o.  tel:  +386 1 562 31 40   |
Borovec 2       fax:  +386 1 562 18 55   |       1 + 1 = 3
1236 Trzin      primoz(at)softnet.si     | for larger values of 1
Slovenija       http://flea.softnet.si/