[c-nsp] Load Balance in Parallel Lines

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Mon Oct 3 15:04:18 EDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 03:23:27PM +0200, Mehmet Suezen wrote:
> Hello,
> Thanks. Is it dependent on the upper level routers type?

CEF will fix it in one direction. MLPPP requires the other side
to support MLPPP.

 i.e. if it is not
> Cisco. The thing is we have a border router Cisco 3640  and
> we don't want that this load balancing depending upon the
> up stream provider from configuration point of view. What
> about routing tables? Can it be static? OR should we use BGP?

You just need the routes to be equal for CEF to load over them.
It happens by default.

That will only be for traffic in one direction. The other side
will have to decide how it sends the traffic back to you.