[c-nsp] Cisco Gigabit Ethernet Switch Module (CGESM) fortheHPBladeSystem

Dave Temkin dave at ordinaryworld.com
Tue Oct 4 10:51:55 EDT 2005

I just installed 24 of these things and they do work well.

The X-link between the two (ports 17 and 18) can be used for whatever -
uplink redundancy, internal VLAN for the blades, etc...  I set it up to be
used as a backbone for non-critical management (ie, one of the switches
has an uplink to the management environment, and then the other switch has a
trunk connection to switch 1 for the mgmt VLAN - saves a physical uplink
port.

--
David Temkin