[c-nsp] MLPPP and ip load-sharing per-packet

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Wed Oct 12 12:19:09 EDT 2005

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 10:24:46AM -0400, Jon Lewis wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Oct 2005, Rodney Dunn wrote:
>
> > UUT_#sh mpls forwarding-table
> > Tag switching is not operational.
> > CEF or tag switching has not been enabled.
> > No TFIB currently allocated.
> > UUT_#
>
> I don't see output anything like that from that command.  All I get is the
> actual forwarding table.

That output was with CEF off meaning that MPLS isn't designed to work
without CEF support.

I suspect you are getting lucky and it's running in the process path.
How/why it's smart enough to punt in that setup has me stumped.

> Is CEF support for tag-switching over MLPPP the sort of thing I can find
> in FN (I kind of doubt it).  If not, how big an upgrade from 12.2.14S3
> would we need to get that support?

It's gonna be a post 12.2(25)S version that has the new CEF code.

It will be an SB release.

You should be able to get the support of MLPPP/MPLS with 12.3 mainline
code if it supports all your other features.