[c-nsp] MLPPP and ip load-sharing per-packet

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Wed Oct 12 12:54:09 EDT 2005

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005, Rodney Dunn wrote:

>> Is CEF support for tag-switching over MLPPP the sort of thing I can find
>> in FN (I kind of doubt it).  If not, how big an upgrade from 12.2.14S3
>> would we need to get that support?
>
> It's gonna be a post 12.2(25)S version that has the new CEF code.
>
> It will be an SB release.
>
> You should be able to get the support of MLPPP/MPLS with 12.3 mainline
> code if it supports all your other features.

Comparing 12.2.14S3 to 12.3.16, it doesn't look like we'd lose anything
we use...except for this, which seems to be an error in FN version
compare.

It says the following feature is unique to 12.2.14S3...but 12.3M does MPLS
VPN, and we have at least one 7206 already running 12.3 code doing bgp
with address-family vpnv4.

  Multi-protocol BGP (MP-BGP) - MPLS VPN