[c-nsp] Rate limitting question

Per Carlson ml at carlson.homeunix.net
Thu Oct 13 05:03:31 EDT 2005

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 04:21:34PM +0200, Bartosz Piec wrote:
> FE interefaces are L2 links. They work as a switch. Assigning IP for
> them is available only by setting VLAN. I think that assigning policy
> isn't also possible ("%Error: FastEthernet0/3/3 Service Policy
> Configuration Failed. Check policer rate in policy-map : TEST, class-map
> : TEST").

i assume you tries to configure some fe ports on a WIC/HWIC. on those
ports, subinterfaces are not allowed, you have to use svi's as you
tried).

*if* the interfaces supports mqc, that is a much better path to go than
using car. mqc supercedes the functionality in car and gives you much
more control. control is a good thing :-)

--

Regards, Per Carlson

You know you've landed gear-up when it takes full power to taxi.