[c-nsp] MLPPP and ip load-sharing per-packet

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Sun Oct 16 15:58:57 EDT 2005

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005, Rodney Dunn wrote:

> Oh what code is this?
>
> We don't support MPLS over a MLPPP bundle on all codes.
>
> That's one of the SB deliverables.

How about policy routing on interfaces doing tag-switching?  i.e. I'd like
some packets arriving on a P router's interface doing tag-switching to be
policy routed.  That doesn't appear to be supported in 12.2S either.

Policy routing from a non-tag-switching interface to another
non-tag-switching interface on a P/PE router works...but when I tried to
configure policy routing of return traffic (to that customer) a hop away
from the PE, that P router simply wouldn't do it.

Since I can't do CEF on MLPPP + tag-switching, and I can't policy route
around that, I've fallen back to plan C (lots of individual T1's with
per-destination).  If that doesn't give the performance we need, I'm
considering plan D (turn off OSPF on 1 T1 between the P and PE, and use
static routes (and perhaps route-maps to keep these out of OSPF) on each
end to get my VOIP traffic to ride the "dedicated path").

Its kind of annoying when features normally taken for granted don't work
when too many are mixed together.