[c-nsp] PoS + Giga interfaces on 7600

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Mon Oct 17 08:40:39 EDT 2005

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, Kim Onnel wrote:

> So, i thought i'd get a WS-X6724-SFP (Catalyst 6500 24-port GigE Mod), this
> will satisfy my Giga needs, but i was told that 24 Giga interfaces on one
> module wont perform very well, because they are meant to be for LAN
> purposes, servers and stuff not WAN transit internet links ?

They are the same type as on the SUP. If you're happy with the features
offered on those ports, you'll be just as (un)happy with the ones on the
6724.

So basically, if you want deep packet buffers and shaping and stuff,
they're not for you. If you just want to move packets and nothing more,
they'll do fine.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se