[c-nsp] Priority Queueing

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Mon Oct 17 12:16:19 EDT 2005

Steve,

please use the new MQC-way to configure LLQ instead of legacy PQ. I'd do
something like this:

ip cef
!
class VOICE
 match access-group 110
 ! or match on ip precedence right away
class MEDIUM
 match access-group 111

policy-map OUTQOS
 class VOICE
  priority percent 10
 class MEDIUM
  bandwidth percent 20
 class class-default
  random-detect

int serial0
 bandwidth 2048
 service-policy output OUTQOS

this reserves 10 percent of your bandwidth for voice which will get
priority treatment. For the other classes, you will be able to guarantee
a minimum-bandwidth for each, but each class can get more if they need
it. on all other traffic, you perform wred (as an example).

Please check QoS configuration guides on CCO for the glory details.

	oli