[c-nsp] SFP connectors wavelength

Ross W roscoe.lists at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 13:24:28 EDT 2005

I'm trying to track down the optical wavelength for the cisco sfp/gbic
connectors, but Cisco's website is massively inconsistant, so I'm curious
what people have gotten working out there.

For instance, cco mentions the GLC-LH-SM (1000Base-LX/LH SPF) is 1300nm here
(datasheet):
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps5455/products_data_sheet0900aecd8033f885.htmlbut
if you go to this page (install notes):
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps5455/prod_installation_guide09186a00803aa0da.htmlit
claims it's 1310nm.

Although when you look at the specs for the WS-G5486 (1000Base-LX/LH GBIC),
it's mentioned as being 1300nm, so I'm assuming that the 1300nm is their
standard.

Anyone else have issues with the 1300/1310nm optics with the GBIC/SPF gear
from cisco?