[c-nsp] Wireless HotSpot solutions?

Dale W. Carder dwcarder at doit.wisc.edu
Wed Oct 19 13:16:01 EDT 2005

Thus spake Andre Beck (cisco-nsp at ibh.net) on Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 10:05:53AM +0200:
> Is there wisdom here on what software solutions exist
> to implement the captive portal and (hopefully) alternative WPA auth
> for such an application? I haven't found a directly matching Cisco
> product, for instance. But I focus on open source / GPL solutions
> for Linux anyway.

We're using a homegrown captive portal solution to deal with
trunks of vlans, and also to do all of the magic including
firewalling all at layer 2.  Via radius AAA it hooks into
our other enterprise systems.

http://net.doit.wisc.edu/~dwcarder/captivator/

Feel free to ping me w/ questions, etc on how to get it
running.  We're running this for thousands of users across
campus.  You can set up other vlans on the AP's for other
security zones / crypto, too.

Dale