[c-nsp] unused SCI(virtual interfaces) on RPM(7200)

Kim Onnel karim.adel at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 05:23:47 EDT 2005

Hi,

On an RPM-PR (7200) router we're running, we tend to leave configured
interfaces and interfaces used for testing, i am sure they should be remove
for one reason or the other, i'd like to put this into technical facts, can
you please help me with that,

i'd imagine something like, the interfaces consume memory and time when
booting up,... but i need more technical details if possible, i looked
around for these infos, but couldnt find it.

Regards