[c-nsp] adding a 3750 to another, 'sdm' stuff?

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Tue Oct 25 14:16:50 EDT 2005

On (2005-10-25 20:01 +0200), Alexander Koch wrote:

> How can I ensure the next time this switch will be added

Set all switches to 'desktop' mode.

> normally? And what is SDM?  And why the heck (sorry) cannot

Way to divide the TCAM memory usage.

> the master override the slave (system #2)? I would be so
> glad if I could get around the reload of the master switch.

Your other switch supports 'aggregator' mode, which basicly
means larger TCAM, other switch does not have this large TCAM,
so only way to make them compatible, is to 'downgrade' the aggregator
to desktop profile.

> Also any word of advice on what sdm setting is best used for
> a L2 switch?

'show sdp prefer ?' to give you rough clue about what's supported
in each profile.

> I understand that any switch has to be rebooted when I
> change SDM settings?

Correct, same thing as for MTU changes or internal vlan allocation
policy.

--
  ++ytti