[c-nsp] PCMCIAFS-5-DIBERR

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Wed Oct 26 00:14:07 EDT 2005

Here's an odd one.  Nearly 1.5 hours after rebooting to upgrade from 12.2S
to 12.3M, a 7206xvr/npe300 has started issuing the following error:

Oct 26 04:00:23: %PCMCIAFS-5-DIBERR: PCMCIA disk 0 is formatted from a
different router or PC. A format in this router is required before an
image can be booted from this device

One just spontaneously appeared in my session that had been idle after
checking on the router after the upgrade.  Doing a show disk0: now will
generate the same error again every time.  The router booted 12.3M from
disk0: and was running another image booted from disk0: for more than a
year.  Is there something different in ATA disk handling between 12.2.14S3
and 12.3M that I should need to reformat disk0: and reload the images on
it?