[c-nsp] MPLS TE reoptimization pains?

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Tue Sep 6 13:15:18 EDT 2005

Greetings,

We're using MPLS Traffic Engineering in a strategic fashion (not full
mesh, but a mesh of all appropriate traffic patterns).  We recently
upgraded core routers in several POPs from 7507 to 12008.  We're seeing
strange behavior (routing loops, packet loss, etc.) for ~30 seconds at
times when TE tunnels appear to be reoptimizing.  Current IOS is
12.0(27)S3 on 7507s, 12.0(27)S5 on GSRs.

Anyone know of any issues we might be running into, and/or if there'd be
any major harm done in tuning down the reoptimization period to a much
lower value (8 hours?)?

Thanks,

Pete Templin