[c-nsp] Cisco boxes and Syslog-ng

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Wed Sep 7 10:24:54 EDT 2005

On (2005-09-07 09:34 -0400), Earls, Michael wrote:
> Your syslog-ng config file should look like this
>
> destination x.x.x.x { file(/var/syslog/location1/router/routername.log);
> };
> filter f_x.x.x.x { host(x.x.x.x); };
> log { source(net); filter(f_x.x.x.x); destination(x.x.x.x); };
>
> This will filter syslog messages on the IP address "x.x.x.x"

 Or use some of the macros (HOST, FULLHOST, SOURCEIP), we use
them and are happy.
 We basicly do two classification, first based on facility we
either put file in yyyy-mm/core, yyyy-mm/cpe or yyyy-mm/servers directory,
then under those directories we use the macros to create file that
matches hostname.

> --
> Michael
>
> PGP Info: KeyID 0x0DFD993C
> Fingerprint F903 0325 5105 2CDB 4BF4 C88B 72F7 BA7A 28CC 598A

  ++ytti