[c-nsp] PACL on C6K

Rubens Kuhl Jr. rubensk at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 13:18:43 EDT 2005

On Cat 6500, on all supervisors including Sup720, you can control L2
traffic with VACLs (VLAN Access Control Lists):
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080160a7e.html

VACLs are also available on Cat4500; if you use them, you can more
easily change from one switch to the other. Beware that using VACLs
and PACLs together(same VLAN) on Cat4500 has a lot of restrictions,
try not to.

Rubens