[c-nsp] 6500 Native IOS conversion with 16MB Flash on MSFC2?

Deepak Jain deepak at ai.net
Fri Sep 16 18:15:19 EDT 2005

I am trying to put 12.1.26E3 on a CatOS 6500. The MSFC2 only has a 16MB
flash on it.  I haven't done a conversion in a while...

Can I do it or do I need to upgrade the boot flash on it? Is there a
less expensive flash card than the $400 PCMCIA ones I see online that
will work with this guy?

Any pointers to the chip/card that would work well for this would be
appreciated.

Can I copy the MSFC code over to a blank bootflash or does the MSFC2
need to boot before I can access its bootflash?

Thanks very much,

DJ