[c-nsp] Netflow Processing Tools

Lawrence Wong lawrencewong72 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 21 08:24:35 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

We have been using flow-tools to monitor my Cisco
routers. The Netflow records are recorded and stored
correctly.

We thinking of generating some graphs from these
archived netflow records and have looked at FlowScan &
CUFlow. However, from the "flowscan" manual, it
appears that this combination is more designed to run
in the background and process post 5mins flow records.

Does anyone have any idea/experience on how I can get
FlowScan/CUFlow to parse my 1 month's worth of old
flow records? At the same time, is it possible to
configure FlowScan/CUFlow such that it will parse new
flow records once a day instead of checking every 30s?

If FlowScan/CUFlow is not suitable to perform the
above, any recommendations on which flow-tools
compatible utility can achieve what I am trying to do?

Thanks in advance!