[c-nsp] Netflow Processing Tools

Joe Loiacono jloiacon at csc.com
Wed Sep 21 10:08:37 EDT 2005

Hi Lawrence,

I recently announced the availability of a flow-tools companion tool
called FlowViewer on the flow-tools mailing list (
http://mailman.splintered.net/mailman/listinfo/flow-tools ). Granted it
produces web-based text reports and not graphs at this time, it may still
be useful to you.

http://ensight.eos.nasa.gov/FlowViewer/

FlowViewer makes analysis of netflow data quick and easy. The FlowViewer
user identifies filtering criteria and selects one of the flow-tools
reports. A single CGI script accepts the input, creates intermediate
flow-tools files, and produces the report.

The requirements for deploying the tool include Perl v5.0 or greater, a
web
server with CGI, and flow-tools. The web server should be running on the
same machine as you are storing your flow-tools files. FlowViewer is
'un-tarred' into a cgi-bin directory, a small configuration file is
modified for your site's specifics, and you are off and running. A README
file contains more details.

I plan to release a follow-up, FlowGrapher, that creates graphs as well as
text in response to user-provided selection criteria. The follow-up will
require the Perl GD graphing package.

I've copied this and your request to the flow-tools list.

Thanks,

Joe Loiacono

Lawrence Wong <lawrencewong72
@yahoo.com>