[c-nsp] Terminating QinQ on a Router interface

Matthew Crocker matthew at crocker.com
Thu Sep 22 08:06:05 EDT 2005

Hello,

  Is it possible to terminate QinQ on a Router/VRF interface?

Example,

  I have a 3550 with a GigE interface connected to a 12000.  The 3550
is carrying 100 vlans,  each vlan is a QinQ carrying 100 vlans.    I
would like to terminate the QinQ vlans on the router in a vrf so I
can provide routed interfaces to customers on their internal vlans.

Something like.

C3550 --- [QinQ Trunk] ---->  C12k, G0/0

interface G0/0
  encapsulation qinq

interface G0/0.100
   encapsulation dot1q  100

    interface G0/0.100.10
     encapsulation dot1q vlan 10
     ip address 1.2.3.4/24
     ip vrf forwarding customer_100

interface G0/0.101
    encapsulation dot1q 101

     interface G0/0.101.10
     encapsulation dot1q vlan 10
     ip address 1.2.3.4/24
     ip vrf forwarding customer_101

[...]

What a service provider *really* *really* *REALLY* needs is a sort of
QinQ VLAN DACS we can use to chop up VLANS and re-assemble them,
much like a regular TDM 3-1-0 DACS would do.  Gig E In,  Gig E out,
spaghetti layer 2 config inside.

-Matt

--
Matthew S. Crocker