[c-nsp] Router will not connect to some machines in the subnet

Mikisa Richard rmikisa at bushnet.net
Fri Sep 23 03:10:11 EDT 2005

Hi all

I have a cisco 2621XM that's been working perfectly well for over two
years. Lately, I realised I couldnot access the internet from behind it.
Further test proved that from it, I cannot connect to the default
gateway. Strangely, I can access some machines in the same /23 subnet as
the gateway while i cannot access others. I have successful pings to
2.3, 2.5, 2.8 while I fail with 2.7, 2.10 and others. I can however ping
the router from all these other machines. Any ideas

Cheers
Richard