[c-nsp] PA-2FE-TX using both ports kills module

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Sep 27 08:59:16 EDT 2005

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 07:54:12AM -0500, Jerry Kersey wrote:
> I took the faulty cards out of mine and traded them to Cisco for the 1 port
> cards. You are correct in thet it defeats the purpose of the 2 port cards.
> My bug case has been opened for about 8 weeks and it is still not corrected
> so the only thing I could do was go with the 1 port cards. I use the 2
> 7206's for my border routers only so I have plenty of slots.
> I did have a 2 port fiber card that did work PA-2FE-FX. If you could use
> fiber it should work.

On the 7500, we're just not using the second port (found a workaround),
and on the 7200, we use a "C0" rev. card that works fine.  So we found
a way to live with the problem as well :-) - but of course I'd like to
see it understood, and eventually fixed.  Caused us quite some annoyance,
with the 7500/VIP2 crashing, and (due to "hmmm, let's re-seat the PA"
OIR) eventually the whole 7507 rebooting...

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de