[c-nsp] QoS on a 6509/720

John Kristoff jtk at northwestern.edu
Tue Sep 27 18:22:37 EDT 2005

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 00:00:19 +0200
Jerome Fleury <jeje at jeje.org> wrote:

> > as 0.  However, I send a probe packet with a codepoint that is not
> > equal to zero and I can see it come out the other side with the same
> > codepoint.
>
> I have also this behavior in 12.2(18)SXD4, which is irrelevant to what
> the doc states. I am about to open a case on that.

FYI... I mentioned this to a few people offline who followed up
privately, but it turns out I was mislead by my poor probe packet
construction and interpretation.  I had accidentally also set the
ECN bits and when they weren't zero'd I had misread these bits as
the ToS/DiffServ bits.  Upon further review, the codepoint was
being cleared to the default.  So... you're on your own on this
one.  :-)

John