[c-nsp] software modularity in 12.2(18)SXF or not?

sagupta at cisco.com sagupta at cisco.com
Wed Sep 21 19:48:54 EDT 2005

The 6500 is continuing development on the 12.2SX branch and is adding
IOS Software Modularity in 12.2(18)SX1. IOS Software Modularity does
introduce the network-optimized microkernel that is also the base for
IOS-XR to 12.2SX on the 6500. We will offer images with and without IOS
Software Modularity on the 6500 while we complete integration of a few
features (not available at FCS) with IOS Software Modularity. IOS
Software Modularity does not introduce in any lag in our ability to
deliver features on the 6500. The 6500 12.2SX software branch will
continue to focus on delivering leadership features prioritized based on
6500 customers requirements.

Sachin