[c-nsp] backup with STP

Andrew Fort afort at choqolat.org
Wed Sep 28 02:10:11 EDT 2005

Aivars wrote:
> I would not dare to use STP/RSTP with customer. Customer mistakes can influence your
> network badly. Hard to troubleshoot.
>
> Aivars

I concur strongly.  If the customer is worth enough to you that they
want/should-get redundancy, you should put your own equipment on their
site and offer them ports from that.  Redundancy is expensive :)

Not to mention that mixing STP/RSTP/MSTP boundaries is not really the
best thing for convergence times or network predictability.

-andrew