[c-nsp] DRAM for 12.2(18)SXF4

John Neiberger John.Neiberger at efirstbank.com
Mon Apr 3 10:45:29 EDT 2006

>> Regardless, I'm fairly certain that I have 256MB of DRAM on the SUP2
>> and 256MB on the MSFC2. The output of "show mem" indicates that I
have
>> about 150MB free at the moment but, again, I don't know if that is
SUP2
>> memory or MSFC2 memory being reported.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
>	You are seeing the MFSC memory.
>
>	You need to login to to the supervisor
>(do a sh mod to determine the slot)
>
>Then:
>
>Router#attach 5
>Trying Switch ...
>Entering CONSOLE for Switch
>Type "^C^C^C" to end this session
>

>Router-sp#
>
>	You'll be able to see you're on the supervisor there.
>
>	a quick "sh ver" on the sup will indicate the amount of
>memory installed.

I verified that I do have 256MB on both the SUP and the MSFC, with
approximately 160MB free on each. I can't imagine that 12.2(18)SXF3
would cause me to run short of DRAM, but we're going to go ahead and
upgrade the MSFC memory to 512MB just in case. It never hurts to have a
lot of memory.

John