[c-nsp] E/MPLS enabled gear

Graham Wooden graham at oneringnetworks.com
Tue Apr 4 17:02:12 EDT 2006

Hi all,

Apparently I need another devices besides the 6500 & Sup32-3B/Sup720-3B
combo. For reasons out of my control, I need to choose other hardware.  We
have been using the Metro series 3750 with the adv IP to provide EoMPLS, but
it can only backhaul MPLS on the ES ports.  Problem with that is ES is
strictly 1Gb and there are only two ports.

I need something like the 3750ME, but can backhaul MPLS on all ports.  The
device needs a port density of > 24 10/100 and 4 > 1G ports.  I don't really
care about size, maybe max of 12U.  I don't need nor care for any other type
of ports.  Just rj45's and gbics/sfp.

Thoughts on this type of equipment?  Anything on the used or new Cisco line?
I don't know my budget at this second, but it maybe flexible depending on
what we can get.  I would think $15K per device.

For the E/MPLS folks, what are you all running?

-graham