[c-nsp] Making sure a GigE interface isnt working as FastE

Pierfrancesco Caci p.caci at seabone.net
Wed Apr 5 07:07:13 EDT 2006

:-> "Kim" == Kim Onnel <karim.adel at gmail.com> writes:

    > We are polling 64 bit counters, yes
    > But shouldnt this be done to be able to get values more than 100 ?

what do you get if you manually walk iftable and ifxtable for those
switches ? ifspeed should indicate something like this:

IF-MIB::ifSpeed.5 = Gauge32: 1000000000

while ifhighspeed:

IF-MIB::ifHighSpeed.5 = Gauge32: 1000

These *should* be independent from the platform you're looking at.

I get these results on a 3550. Don't know for 3508xl

Did you generate the mrtg config with the interfaces up and configured
for 1Gb/s ? I think there's a knob in cfgmaker to force the speed of
an interface, or you can manually edit the generated config file.

Pf