[c-nsp] bootflash

scobe scobe at eknetwork.com
Wed Apr 5 16:47:34 EDT 2006

I don't have a valid image on my 2948g-l3, and am trying to xmodem an image
to it. however, after an hour, its done, but there is no image anywhere on
the system;

rommon 4 > boot
device does not contain a valid magic number
boot: cannot open "bootflash:"
boot: cannot determine first file name on device "bootflash:"

What can I do in this case?

ROMMON: Cold Reset frame @0x00000000
ROMMON: Reading reset reason register
ROMMON: Valid NVRAM config

System Bootstrap, Version 12.0(7)W5(15a) RELEASE SOFTWARE
Copyright (c) 2000 by cisco Systems, Inc.

ROMMON: Initializing exceptions
ROMMON: Initializing TLB
ROMMON: Initializing cache
ROMMON: Sizing and zeroing main memory ... 64 MBytes
ROMMON: Sizing non-volatile memory ... 128 KBytes

cat2948g platform with 65536 Kbytes of main memory

Regards,
Erik