[c-nsp] bootflash

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Wed Apr 5 17:09:03 EDT 2006

On Wed, 5 Apr 2006, scobe wrote:

> I don't have a valid image on my 2948g-l3, and am trying to xmodem an image
> to it. however, after an hour, its done, but there is no image anywhere on
> the system;
>
> rommon 4 > boot
> device does not contain a valid magic number
> boot: cannot open "bootflash:"
> boot: cannot determine first file name on device "bootflash:"

Errors like this are usually caused by a certain set of issues, either:
1. the flash device or the filesystem on the flash device is corrupt
 	(might be fixed by formatting it)
2. the first image on the device is corrupt
3. the first image isn't bootable on that platform

You may want to try formatting the bootflash and running the upload again
if you're sure the image is good.

jms