[c-nsp] bootflash

Brian McMahon brmcmaho at cabrillo.edu
Wed Apr 5 23:12:09 EDT 2006

On Apr 5, 2006, at 14:09, Justin M. Streiner wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Apr 2006, scobe wrote:
>
>> I don't have a valid image on my 2948g-l3, and am trying to xmodem
>> an image
>> to it. however, after an hour, its done, but there is no image
>> anywhere on
>> the system;
[munch]
> You may want to try formatting the bootflash and running the upload
> again
> if you're sure the image is good.

Excellent advice (says the one who has been burned by frotzed image
downloads too many times in the past).  Simplest way to check is to
compare MD5 checksum of what you have with what's posted on Cisco's
download page.

--
Brian McMahon <brian dot mcmahon at cabrillo dot edu>
Computer Networking and System Administration Instructor