[c-nsp] Cisco 7960 7940 voip phones

Brian McMahon brmcmaho at cabrillo.edu
Thu Apr 6 12:37:04 EDT 2006

On Apr 6, 2006, at 07:51, Cisco Sheep wrote:

> I am running a voip network and it is run without a vlan so when
> ever I
> restart my phones it takes forever to get them up and running. Is
> there
> any easy way to resolve this problem.

No, because you haven't defined it properly yet.  8-)

What does "takes forever" mean -- how long?  (You *did* make sure to
configure portfast on the switch access ports, right?)

What does "up and running" mean -- in other words, what part of the
start process seems to be the hangup?  I don't have one of these
phones in front of me, but I'm pretty sure they (can be made to)
display information about what they're doing when they start.

--
Brian McMahon <brian dot mcmahon at cabrillo dot edu>
Computer Networking and System Administration Instructor