[c-nsp] Cisco 7600 TTL and MTU Failures

Hank Nussbacher hank at efes.iucc.ac.il
Fri Apr 7 04:08:34 EDT 2006

On Fri, 7 Apr 2006, Palis Michalis wrote:

Yes.  Here are 2 of mine:

rtr1:
Errors
  MAC/IP length inconsistencies         : 1
  Short IP packets received             : 0
  IP header checksum errors             : 0
  TTL failures                          : 232665231
  MTU failures                          : 54778810
Errors
  MAC/IP length inconsistencies         : 0
  Short IP packets received             : 0
  IP header checksum errors             : 0
  TTL failures                          : 76756963
  MTU failures                          : 18704486
Total packets L3 Switched by all Modules: 597033663863 @ 102707 pps

rtr 2:

Errors
  MAC/IP length inconsistencies         : 64
  Short IP packets received             : 0
  IP header checksum errors             : 0
  TTL failures                          : 91658850
  MTU failures                          : 95815975
Errors
  MAC/IP length inconsistencies         : 0
  Short IP packets received             : 0
  IP header checksum errors             : 0
  TTL failures                          : 413265188
  MTU failures                          : 0

Total packets L3 Switched by all Modules: 784851039097 @ 54759 pps

I too would like to know how to track down the MTU failures.

-Hank