[c-nsp] MGX 8250 FTP lockout

Mark Rogaski wendigo at pobox.com
Fri Apr 7 11:35:08 EDT 2006

An entity claiming to be SwitchXchange (jpasche at switchxchange.com) wrote:
: One of our MGX 8250 systems recently crashed and after a complete reboot /
: Core Dump we are unable to FTP into the node again. We have access through
: the console port and can ping the system, but all of our FTP login's are
: unsuccessful (using any of the user accounts set up through the CLI as well
: as through the bootChange).
:
: Is there a default FTP <user> / <password> that the MGX 8250 automatically
: re-sets to ?
:

IIRC, the default was "cisco" / "ciscoinc".  You may need to enable it
by issuing the following from a CLI session under the "cisco" account.

PXM.a > shellConn

-> setLogin

The shellConn commands on the MGX are volatile, they do not survive a
reset.  They can also be very dangerous since they give you direct access
to the underlying VxWorks OS, so use them sparingly and carefully.

Mark

--
[]                    |   Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in
[] Mark Rogaski       |   the first place.  Therefore, if you write the code