[c-nsp] Double authentication on terminal server

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Mon Apr 10 12:15:15 EDT 2006

Vincent De Keyzer <> wrote on Monday, April 10, 2006 4:17 PM:

> Hello,
>

> when I am on a terminal server (3620 with NM-16A), and I do a telnet
> to port (2000+port number), a double authentication happens: as I
> understand it, I first have to authenticate to get *out* of the TS,
> and then I am on the console cable and I can authenticate into the
> target device.

The first authentication is actually the authentication to get *into*
the TS via the port 2000+x, the system treats a connection from the
command line the same as as a remote connection to the port 2000+x, so
if you disable the authentication on the line (as Steve has suggested),
you will actually allow unauthenticated remote access to the ports, and
I'm not sure if this is what you want.

	oli