[c-nsp] spanning-tree vlan 2 root primary diameter

Christopher McCrory chrismcc at pricegrabber.com
Wed Apr 12 11:27:34 EDT 2006

Hello..

I configured one of my 6500s with:
switch# spanning-tree vlan 2 root primary diameter 3

now I am adding a redundant link between some of the access switches,
where location A is physically distant from location C.  Something like:

Location:

A:   2950--------2950
         |      |
         |      |
      -------------
B:    | core 6500 |
      -------------
         |      |
         |      |
C:   2950--------2950

So now with the redundant links the maximum bridge hops is five, not
three.  But since I cannot create a bridge loop from A to C, can I still
get away with a diameter of 3?  I don't see any problems, or am I missing
something?

--
Christopher McCrory

chrismcc at pricegrabber.com