[c-nsp] Annoying BGP+MPLS Tunnel problem

Code Monkey have.an.email at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 06:44:28 EDT 2006

On 4/18/06, Marko Milivojevic <markom at pangalactic.net> wrote:

> Most probably because you are not tagging packets passing through the tunnel.
>
> http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/105/mplsvpnte.html

Cool, I hadn't seen that. Thanks, I'll try. I'm not confident though,
because the tunnel is PE-PE, the two PEs are connected by direct Fast
Ethernet, all routers involved are speaking MPBGP, and the labels did
seem OK...

However, it seems I should enable tag switching on the interface in
any case. Any reason not to? (Why isn't it automatic?) Any way to say
"this tunnel is only for the global routing table, just to keep things
simple?

Thanks for the help!