[c-nsp] Automated configuration backups

Primoz Jeroncic jp at softnet.si
Tue Apr 18 11:25:27 EDT 2006

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, Bartosz Piec wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to do an automated backup of router's configuration. How
> can I do this? Everything that I've found was to use rsh command. Are
> there any other ways? Maybe some tool from Cisco?
>
> I've got Cisco 2821 and want to make backups from Linux box.

I don't know about you, but for me rsh works really great. 10 line
shell script (which could be probably even shorter if I would bother
with it for more then minute) works better over rsh then anything
else I saw till now. But on the other hand someone might have some
security issues with it, which can be minimized with proper config
though.
Otherwise I remember seeing some fancy backup program running via
telnet or ssh, but to be honest I forgot name of that thing.

Have fun,
Primoz Jeroncic
Support - IP Connectivity & Routing
Softnet d.o.o.  tel:  +386 1 562 31 40   |
Borovec 2       fax:  +386 1 562 18 55   |       1 + 1 = 3
1236 Trzin      primoz(at)softnet.si     | for larger values of 1
Slovenija       http://flea.softnet.si/