[c-nsp] Sup 720 dual engine configurations

Mark Tohill Mark at u.tv
Wed Apr 19 08:50:14 EDT 2006

Hi,

Apologies for previous reply with missing subject.

Just on that same thread, I was wondering has anyone thoughts on how
best to connect two 6509 Chassis with one Sup720 in each and one
(6748)Gig blade each.

This is to sit between assorted access switches (2950's, 2970's...) and
2 x 7200VXR(NPE-G1) edge.

I realise there are not many connectivity 'options', but if there are,
what implications do they have for redundancy/convergence?

What I'm asking is if there is a way to interconnect this kit to
minimize downtime and maximize resiliency, what is it? Is it better to
use, for example, the 2 x gig ports on each Sup720 to connect to other
Sup or better to use blade ports? Or maybe it doesn't matter...??

Thanks,
Mark