[c-nsp] Sup 720 dual engine configurations

matthew zeier mrz at velvet.org
Wed Apr 19 10:11:58 EDT 2006

Mark Tohill wrote:
> Just on that same thread, I was wondering has anyone thoughts on how
> best to connect two 6509 Chassis with one Sup720 in each and one
> (6748)Gig blade each.

> What I'm asking is if there is a way to interconnect this kit to
> minimize downtime and maximize resiliency, what is it? Is it better to
> use, for example, the 2 x gig ports on each Sup720 to connect to other
> Sup or better to use blade ports? Or maybe it doesn't matter...??

I've thought about it since I'll be faced with the same in a couple weeks.

I'm going to use a multi-port port-channel between the two boxes with at
  least one port off the Sup and one off the line card.  In the event
that I lose the LC, I won't lose connectivity.  If I lose the Sup, well,
box is dead anyways.

Like you said -  your options are limited but this is probably the best
you can do.