[c-nsp] ISDN TA modem dialing

Kanagaraj Krishna kanagaraj at aims.com.my
Thu Apr 20 07:32:31 EDT 2006

Hi,
   We have a setup using a Xyplex router (ISDN BRI interface), which is used
for internet access by our customer using a PC and ISDN TA modem on their
side. At the moment whenever they dial in (using Win XP dialer), the
connection stays up without issues. But we tried changing the router on our
side from the Xyplex to Cisco (7206 with 8 port ISDN BRI S/T).

Now each dialin will only last 120seconds before dropping on its own. Any
reasons for this? I've tried "ppp idle-timeout" etc, altough i feel it
wouldn't cause much changes because only the calling party can influence
timeout factors etc. Am I right?

Thanks,
Kana