[c-nsp] Any gotcha's using this setup to terminate a bunch of T-1's

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Wed Apr 26 21:24:09 EDT 2006

Bruce Robertson wrote:
> Should work fine, but unless you have the hardware on-hand,  instead of
> the 4x PA-MC-8T1, I'd use a PA-MC-2T3 talking to an M13 mux, or better
> yet have the telco deliver the T1s over a DS3.  You can get an Adtran
> MX2800 pretty cheap on eBay these days, though the PA-MC-2T3 will be
> pretty expensive still.

Caution: multiple people, including me, have experienced problems with
the MX2800 or MX2820 muxes talking to PA-MC-2T3 cards.  I for one had to
insert 100' of excess coax to get the error counters into single digits,
and in another instance had to insert several hundred feet of excess
coax to get the error counters into single or occasionally double
digits; attenuators finally fixed that scenario.

pt