[c-nsp] CSS: Preventing failback?

Steve Wright steve.wright at visp.me.uk
Thu Apr 27 10:16:10 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I hope everyone is doing well!!

Just a quick question that is beyond my basic CSS knowledge....

We have 2 web servers with a backend DB server at a primary site, and then
another web server and database server on another part of the network. What
we'd like to do is balance between the 2 web servers (which connect to the
backend DB server), but should they both stop responding, or the DB server
stop responding, it to failover to the other setup.

However, we do not want it to fail back to the original servers should the
service return back to OK to prevent any data out of sync etc..etc..

We'd actually prefer to do a manual failback. Has anyone done this with a
CSS and can you please advise me of the best route to take?

Thanks once again,
Steve

This message has been scanned for viruses by MailController - www.MailController.altohiway.com