[c-nsp] CSS: Preventing failback?

Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists lists at hojmark.org
Thu Apr 27 16:46:57 EDT 2006

> We'd actually prefer to do a manual failback. Has anyone done
> this with a CSS and can you please advise me of the best route
> to take?

Hmm, I don't think you can do it out of the box. (*If* you can,
it's probably 'keepalive retry 0').

What you could do is run some other service on the server (say,
a telnet daemon on port 1701), run keepalive on that service
*also*, and not start the service until you actually want the
server to come back into production.

If you're using scripted keepalives, another option would be
to let the script suspend the service, when the service is found
to be down.

-A