[c-nsp] Multicast Issue

John Neiberger John.Neiberger at efirstbank.com
Thu Apr 27 13:03:59 EDT 2006

>ip igmp join-group 224.0.1.55 and from the client
>ping 224.0.1.55 and see if you get a response.

That worked, so we know the traffic is making it to the 6513.

Vijay suggested that I might try using a multicast helper to convert
the multicast to a broadcast. I haven't tried this yet, but I wonder
what would happen if I converted the multicast address to the unicast
address of the server? I think I'll try it both ways just for grins. I
still don't understand why this isn't working as currently configured. I
just got out of a long meeting so now I've got some time to play with
it.

Thanks,
John